MissionBased on Vietnamese cultural traditions and imbued with an international spirit, students at WASS are educated to become dynamic and enthusiastic global citizens, capable of being accepted into many universities all around the world.
VisionWASS delivers a structured and student-centered educational program through a cutting-edge learning philosophy designed to promote world citizenship. Students are challenged by a dynamic program of active learning to develop an understanding and belief that they have the power to make the world a better place.
- Students are well equipped to fulfill their post-school ambitions: further education, careers and a balanced life that includes lifelong learning, inspired by values and ethics from the Western Australian school community.
- Students have access to and maintain an English speaking and learning environment in a multilingual community.
- Students apply a positive, socially conscious and grounded approach to their local environment and the world around them so we can live in a safe, healthy and sustainable world.
- Students make informed and responsible decisions when considering and selecting options for further study.
- Students’ abilities, needs, safety and best interests are considered through a variety of innovative programs at the school.
- The school provides meaningful, creative and authentic experiences through active teaching and problem-based learning.
- The school provides meaningful, creative and authentic experiences that develop students’ personalities, talents, mental and physical abilities, helping them reach their potential.
- The school establishes mutually beneficial relationships with many community stakeholders and organizations.
- Students visit museums, art galleries, theaters, sports arenas, parks and more as part of their learning experiences.
- Collaborative planning allows for effective use of the school community as a learning resource.
- Students demonstrate an awareness of the world as a social, political, economic and cultural entity.
- Students demonstrate growth in their awareness and understanding of justice and are able to express themselves appropriately.
- Students are encouraged to reach their full potential in a culture that creates recognized excellence across many dimensions.
- The school is committed to its policies and decisions being essential to the physical, spiritual, intellectual, moral and social development of its students.
- The school ensures that its policies and decisions are responsive to environmental, social, health and economic impacts.
Core values are the key for WASS to build quality learning and teaching programs, accompanying students on their journey of seeking knowledge and comprehensive development
Excellent academic program
WASS provides an educational environment that helps develop intellectually and personally through a comprehensive bilingual and international education program, nurturing character perfection in each student and preparing a solid foundation for future careers of students in university programs and also in the journey of lifelong learning. WASS provides high-quality teaching and learning programs with adequate learning resources to ensure each member of the educational community develops their full potential.
We perceive the world as an expansive realm of knowledge, where we embrace the cultural and historical values of our own people while also honoring and respecting the values and traditions of other nations.
Ability to communicate effectively
Effective communication involves both imparting and exchanging ideas in a clear and concise way to produce desired results. Our students are taught to be attentive listeners and active thinkers who offer ideas openly and weigh them against the thoughts and ideas of others.
A community of mutual cooperation
We believe that building a community requires coordination, trust, inclusiveness, courtesy, responsibility and a common set of expectations. We encourage students to participate and integrate into group activities, where students are at the center and work together in a spirit of cooperation to find creative solutions to their problems with the aim of bringing for outstanding results.
Balance in life
We understand the importance of a well-rounded education that combines academic subjects, arts, sports and community activities. We nurture physical, social-emotional, creative and intellectual health to nurture confidence in each student through school activities.
Integrity in all actions
We are steadfastly committed to respect, fairness, empathy, and honesty in our actions and words. At the same time, we also focus on nurturing these characteristics in students.
We strive to inspire and develop essential leadership skills along with an educational foundation of excellence and equity. We guide students to work purposefully, strategically, resourcefully and fully identify what is within their control to solve, learn and improve continuously. We operate based on a sense of possibility, perseverance in the face of challenges, ensuring alignment between actions and beliefs, and each individual's willingness to share responsibility for results. Everyone deserves respect for their contributions, their character, the value they bring, their humility and compassion - the qualities of a leader.
Licensed by the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA), and Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training (MoET), WASS offers the Western Australian Curriculum - Partial Integrated Program from Preschool to Year 12, as well as the Fully Integrated International Programs, including the Western Australian K-10 Curriculum International – Accredited Program (WA K-10 International), the Western Australian Certificate of Education International - Accredited Program (WACE International) and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme – Certified Program (IBDP).