To facilitate the development of WASSer’s innovative scientific research potential, by the end of August 2017, WASS had appointed the students to compete in the Robot Talent Contest 2017 and brought lots of proud achievements.
Robotacon WRO 2017 was organized by HCMC Education and Training Department in cooperation with LEGO Education and HTV3. This contest has gathered 213 teams with 574 candidates from more than 90 schools across the country to compete in the Division B with the theme “Robot for Sustainability”, which consisted of three regular competitions and one expansion in the framework of international competition and division by age.
Each team consists of 2 to 3 members, who have skill in designing, assembling and programming robots with the MINDSTORM EV3 toolkit to study and find solutions for practical situation requested by Organizing Committee. The high-achievement teams at B1, B2, B3, B4 will represent Vietnam along with teams from more than 60 countries around the world at the World Robot Olympiad WRO 2017 held from 10th to 12th November 2017 at Costa Rica.
After a few months of studying, practicing and creating products, WASSers has officially entered the thrilling competition in two days 26/8, 27/8 in most of the tables of the Robot Talent Contest 2017, with the theme of “Sustainable development based on the conditions and potential of the nation.” By creativity, teamwork and careful practice, after two days, the achievement of the team was established with the following results:
I) TABLE B1 (ALGORITHM AND ROBOT):
- Second prize belongs to the group: Hoang Phuc Gia Bao – class 7B class, Phan Mai Nhat Long – class 6B
II) TABLE B4 (APPLIED CREATIVITY TO RESEARCH):
- Second prize for primary school belonged to the group: Nguyen Hoang Nam – class 5A, Tran Bao Khang – class 5A
- Second pride for junior high school belonged to the group: Le Thuong Trac – class WA8, Tran Bao An – class 8A, Nguyen Pham Gia Hy – class 9A
- Second prize for the high school belonged to the group: Nguyen Pham Anh Minh – class 11B, Tran Anh Khoa – class 11A, Hoang Dang Phuoc An – class 11A
III) TABLE B5 (PLAY – RESUME SUMO)
- Three prize for primary school belonged to the group: Nguyen Chau Anh – class 5A, Nguyen Gia Han – class 5A, Hoang Gia Linh – class 5A
- Encouragement award for junior high school belonged to the group: Chen Quan Thang – class 7B, Nguyen Quang Huy – class 6A, Ho Dang Quang – class 8B.
- Second prize for the high school belonged to the group: Chen Quan Hoang – class 11A, Phan Hoang – class 11A, Thai Thanh Nguyen – class 12.
With the above achievements, three teams of WASS will be honored to be one of the teams represented Vietnam to participate in Robotacon WRO 2017 in late November at Costa Rica. This is the second year in a row that WASSers have won the National Robotacon Competition and represented Viet Nam at the World Robot Olympiad WRO, following the results of the top 8 in the last competition at India. Let’s congratulate the victory of WASSers and support them on the next race!