Robotacon Competition 2022
The school round of Robotacon 2022 has officially kicked off from May 23-27th, 2022.
With the topic “My robot, My friend”, Robotacon Competition 2022 are waiting for the creative competition of WASSers. This has attracted over 500 participants which creates many interesting competitions.
WASSers will undergo different tasks based on different rounds. There are 5 rounds:
- The Wedo round is the participation of students in grades 1 and 2 which creates a high competition for getting scores. With the theme “The Forest Fire Rescue Robot”, WASSers have to fight forest fires and rescue people to safe areas. In addition, the robot must also plant new trees to replace the burned areas.
- The beginner round is for WASSers in grades 3-5 with the theme “The Garden Robot”. The main task in this round is to cut the grass and clear the weeds. In addition, the robot must observe the ladybugs and bring them to safe places. By clearing the grass and protecting the ladybugs, WASSers can maximize scores.
- The Intermediate round is for students in grade 6-9 with the topic “The Rescue Robot” – The task is to support and extinguish fires in the factory, transport hazardous chemical containers and provide information for the rescue team about the location of people in the factory. At the same time, the Robot has to overcome unknown terrain on the way to the factory.
- The Advanced round of students in grade 10-12 with the topic “The Care Robot” – The robot in this round will take on the role of a care and transport robot in the hospital. The robot has to bring clothes to the laundry of the hospital, bring water to different rooms and take care of patients. Besides, the robot must pay attention to nurses and visitors when walking through the corridors.
- The Future Makers round is conducted online which is similar to the theme of the competition: “My Robot, My Friend”. To complete this round, the students had to present their ideas on Robot, based on three topics: Robots to assist with housework, Robots to assist rescue and Robots to assist medical care.
The Robotacon competition is organized to create a playground for WASSers to be creative, based on students’ knowledge of robots and programming. In addition, Robotacon helps students to develop teamwork, problem solving, reasoning and critical thinking skills.
Robotacon WRO 2022 has officially returned to the “new normal” after 2 years of restrictions due to the Covid 19 pandemic. This is a playground for WASSers from grades 3-12 who love technology. The contest encourages students to explore and be creative in science, engineering, technology, and informatics so that they can apply their knowledge to solve daily problems. In addition, the contest gives opportunities for students to show their creativity and passion in technology, have a chance to participate in the international competitions and find out a team to participate in the World Robot Olympiad (WRO).
After the school round, the selected teams will participate in the regional round in Vietnam. The best teams in Vietnam will have the opportunity to participate in the WRO International Finals which will be held in November 2022 in Dortmund, Germany.
WESTERN AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
If you have any concerns, please contact us.