Based in the traditions of Vietnamese culture and imbued with the spirit of internationalism, WASS students are being taught to become engaged, active and globalised citizens who will be able to achieve admission to a diversity of universities worldwide.
WASS delivers a well-organized, rigorous and student centred programme through a modern philosophy of learning designed to foster world citizenship. Students are challenged by a dynamic programme of active learning that engenders in them scholarship and a belief that they have the power to make the world a better place for mankind.
WASS offers a gateway to a diversity of powerful international educational experiences for our students:
- Students are well prepared to succeed in tertiary institutions.
- Students make informed choices when making selection options for further study.
WASS teaching methodology is student centred and embraces active experiential learning:
- Student abilities and needs are considered through a variety of programs which have been developed in the school.
- The school offers meaningful, creative and authentic learning experiences through a program of enquiry and problem based learning.
The community is part of a valuable resource for learning:
- The school establishes mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of community institutions.
- Students visit museums, art galleries, concerts, sporting facilities, nature parks and other places as part of their learning experience.
- Collaborative planning takes place that enables effective use of the community as a learning resource.
WASS actively promotes the concept of “world citizenship” and empowers students to act upon issues that impact their lives and the lives of others:
- Students show an awareness of the world as a social, political, economic and cultural entity.
- Students show a growing awareness and understanding of justice and are able to express themselves appropriately.
Our school is a sustainable school that promotes sustainable values in our students and our community:
The school ensures that its policies and decisions are sensitive to environmental, societal, health and economic impacts.