Mission Statement & Core Values
Based in the traditions of Vietnamese culture and imbued with the spirit of internationalism, WASS students are being taught to become engaged, active and globalised citizens who will be able to achieve admission to a diversity of universities worldwide.
WASS delivers a well-organized, rigorous and student centred programme through a modern philosophy of learning designed to foster world citizenship. Students are challenged by a dynamic programme of active learning that engenders in them scholarship and a belief that they have the power to make the world a better place for mankind.
WASS offers a gateway to a diversity of powerful international educational experiences for our students:
- Students are well prepared to succeed in tertiary institutions.
- Students make informed choices when making selection options for further study.
WASS teaching methodology is student centred and embraces active experiential learning:
- Student abilities and needs are considered through a variety of programs which have been developed in the school.
- The school offers meaningful, creative and authentic learning experiences through a program of enquiry and problem based learning.
The community is part of a valuable resource for learning:
- The school establishes mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of community institutions.
- Students visit museums, art galleries, concerts, sporting facilities, nature parks and other places as part of their learning experience.
- Collaborative planning takes place that enables effective use of the community as a learning resource.
WASS actively promotes the concept of “world citizenship” and empowers students to act upon issues that impact their lives and the lives of others:
- Students show an awareness of the world as a social, political, economic and cultural entity.
- Students show a growing awareness and understanding of justice and are able to express themselves appropriately.
Our school is a sustainable school that promotes sustainable values in our students and our community:
The school ensures that its policies and decisions are sensitive to environmental, societal, health and economic impacts.
We provide an educational environment that promotes intellectual and personal growth through a comprehensive bilingual and international education, which fosters character development in our students and prepares them for university and long-life learning. We facilitate quality teaching and learning with our wide range of resources, to ensure that each member of the community reaches his or her peak in excellence.
We value the world as the broadest context for learning, appreciating our own cultures and personal histories as well as respect the values and traditions of others. We seek opportunities to inquire, act, reflect and grow from these experiences.
Effective communication involves both imparting and exchanging ideas in a clear and concise way to produce desired results. Our students are taught to be attentive listeners and active thinkers who offer ideas openly and weigh them against the thoughts and ideas of others.
We share the belief that to build a community, we need collaboration, trust, inclusiveness, courtesy, responsibility, and a shared framework of expectations. We promote meaningful inclusion and participation in a team-oriented, student-centered, and cooperative environment. We work together in genuine partnerships to find creative solutions to problems with the goal of achieving superior results.
Balance in Life
We understand the importance of a well-rounded education that incorporates academics, arts, athletics, and community service. We nurture physical, social-emotional, creative and intellectual wellness that leads to healthy self-actualization in all of our school activities.
Acting with Integrity
We hold a steadfast commitment to respect, fairness, empathy, truthfulness in our actions and communications. And we foster those traits in our students.
We strive to inspire and develop students necessary leadership skills and with the educational excellence and equity. We guide their work in purposeful, strategic, and resourceful ways, define broadly what is within their control to solve, and learn and improve constantly. We operate with a sense of possibility, persevere in the face of challenges, ensure alignment between our actions and beliefs, and assume personal responsibility for results.
WESTERN AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
If you have any concerns, please contact us.